Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Week 3 - P-DAAAYY (in the voice of the Geico camel)



Fam!! 

I love getting to write you guys its the best! I honestly don't know where I'd be without all of you and I'm so grateful that I have such an amazing family who is so supportive and writes me letters and sends me stuff and basically makes all the elders in my district jealous. 

But seriously thanks for all the packages and all the love. I got the granola bars and the ipod this week, its been great! I checked out the music on there last night (which was way weird by the way, holding an ipod, foreign technology) and it looks so great. So thanks for that Fam. One night I got 9 dear elders so when I walked in the classroom my district was cheering "MVP, MVP" haha I love them. A couple ended up being duplicates but I still felt way cool. 

Explanation of the subject- basically after dinner on Monday (or all of Monday) I walk around saying - guess what tomorrow is and then everyone in earshot goes P-DAAAYY

Mom- we're actually not going to San Fran to get visas, we don't have to do that anymore so I won't need a calling card for that but I might need one for when we actually go to France. I'm not actually sure. So excited for Micah and Emily, they are pretty much the coolest people I know. And congrats to Trenton!

Dad- Thanks for the quotes, the Neal A. Maxwell one was pretty soul piercing for me this week. [Note: Here's the quote: "If we are serious about our discipleship, Jesus will eventually request each of us to do those very things which are most difficult for us to do."]

E- thanks for the quotes of a completely different kind. Glad to hear your classes and work are so entertaining haha.

R- sent you a letter this week! hope you get it soon!! The elders from my district and some of the sisters from my zone gave you some shoutouts.

I didn't get to see Hannah before she left- we should have seen her on Sunday at the fireside but we ended up being in the overflow room:( but I saw her on campus on Thursday or Friday I can't remember. Crazy that that's the last time for 17 months. 

I love my zone and my district so much. Beaucoup de love for them. We are super close, especially our district and the sisters in the district next to us (they share the residence with Sr. Walker and me), and then random other elders. They are all so nice and eager to help each other and it's the best. I think that it's my favorite thing about the MTC, how awesome the people around me are. 

French is going okay, its hard to maintain perspective sometimes because it feels like we've been here FOR EVER when it's really only been a couple weeks. Sr. Walker and I bought flashcards this week that have a ring on them so we can attach it to the MTC cards we wear everywhere (that we use to get in the buildings and for meals and stuff). It's way dorky but we're studying!

We said goodbye to Elder Lund and Easton this Sunday, they were our first ZLs and it was way sadder than I thought it would be to see them go:( I'm going to miss them like crazy. 

I'm still running every night! Sr. Blackhurst, Hogan and I always go, and Sr. Walton, Losse and Walker don't always want to so we do exchanges and make trios. It works pretty well. We run, stretch, run, stretch and then Sr B and H do sit ups and push ups and ab work while I stretch more and do like 8 crunches on a good day. But we eat salads for at least one meal mom! I had cantalope a lot the first while but then I got a really bad one and I've been afraid to try it again. Other than that there's not a lot of healthy options. 




On Sunday they made a point of reminding us how to act when a general authority comes so we all think that somebody big is coming tonight. Although apostle or not, I'm ALWAYS uplifted by the firesides and devotionals. 

I bore my testimony in French on Sunday! My district leader, Elder Omohundro, challenged us all to do that, and then he was the first one up. 

Things are good here though, we laugh everyday, we have good lessons and bad lessons but we haven't died yet and that honestly gets me through so many hard things. I survived yesterday, I can survive today. Haha a little bleak but keeps me keepin' on. I am actually really happy here, funny things happen all the time and we have jokes on jokes on jokes. Like the other night an elder accidentally punched me in the face putting his coat on and it was hilarious. It didn't hurt at all, honestly it was just randomly super funny. I don't feel like I have the time or writing talent to adequately tell you about the jokes that we tell or the things that make me laugh. And they're probably not actually funny to anyone but us. But just know that life is good as a missionary.

I love all of you, and miss you everyday. Thanks for all the letters and packages and love.

LOVE 
Soeur Hansen





No comments:

Post a Comment