Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 72 - Elder Kearon conference and an RDV!

With Soeur Gilbert at the border
Herro family!

First off, I'm really sorry I have like no pictures again this week, seriously I think I've taken like 6 this transfer... Gotta be better. Soeur Gilbert and I have made it a joke to see how long we're going to go without taking a picture together.

Okay now for the part where I try and summarize this week in a 
concise, uplifting, and hopefully slightly humorous way. You guys, these emails are the trial of my mission. But thankfully dad writes the subject lines for me, that would be beyond my capabilities.

Starting it off with Monday. Soldes [sales] shopping! Not super successful but we're going to try some other places today (had to start with the basics- h&m and Zara). Fete.

Tuesday we did a normal day of all day finding here in Valenciennes, meaning that I think it's safe to say that I've walked enough in the last two months to justify never walking again in my entire life. But we saw some miracles and met some cool people!

Wednesday we did more finding and then went to Cambrai to teach a nine year old who's preparing for baptism. We talked about Nephi and played a game. Teaching kids is hard! Major props to all my Primary teachers, I'm so sorry for all the blank stares and one word answers haha.

Thursday we went to Paris for a conference with Elder Kearon! He's so cool. It was super inspiring and I loved it. Lots of good one liners again haha "attack the day!" And "stop worrying and work hard!" But my personal favorite was when he asked what President Hinckley's father had said to him when he complained about how hard the mission was and an elder responded "shut up and go to work!" Hahahaha pretty close but like not quite, my friend. And President and Soeur Babin (in their loving way) basically told all of us to shape up and be more obedient.

Friday we actually HAD A RDV! With a new ami!! It was so cool! And I realized that I've completely forgotten how to teach first rdvs. But it's okay the spirit helped us out and like at the end of the day, we did our best so if she's ready, she's ready, if not, it's not our fault.

Saturday Soeur Gilbert was sick so I did book work. I know this area book WAY too well.

And Sunday! Called basically everyone in the known universe (or at least Valenciennes) and then did some pass-bys. And we got let in! We'd gotten this lady's address and phone number and we'd called her but she didn't respond so we were like "well... We could just go" haha. I'm realizing how creepy we are. Like if this wasn't the truth, we'd be super creepy. But anyway she let us in and we taught a brief retab and gave her a Book of Mormon. Miracle!

Last week we gave a Book of Mormon to a member and asked her to write her testimony in it and pray with us that we'd be able to find someone to give it to so all week we'd been finding people, (and we actually found a lot of new amis this week) but still hadn't been able to give the Book of Mormon, until that rdv! Thank you Heavenly Father!

And today we're going to Belgium.

Love you guys!


Soeur Hansen

PS - Back from Belgium and sending some pictures after all.



MTC comp, Sr Walker

Making beignets!




Saw Soeur Ellis at the conference

No comments:

Post a Comment