Monday, February 8, 2016

Week 75 - 7 Books in 7 Days


Hello family! 

Yes, as you have all noticed and mentioned, this will be my last full week as a missionary. Thank you for reminding me. 

But right now I'm going to talk about last week! It was a really good week and really quick despite the fact that it was basically all day finding days everyday haha. So I've got less than no envie [desire] to try and remember stuff from every week so I'm just going to throw some random experiences at you! 

This week we set the goal to give a Book of Mormon to someone everyday - 7 books in 7 days. It's a goal I set a long time ago but never actually seriously tried to do it, so obviously the perfect time is my second to last week haha. 

Monday we only had a little time to contact and didn't find anyone which was a bummer, so I was like "it's fine, we'll do two tomorrow" but THEN at the rdv we went to there was this random friend there who wasn't super interested but she accepted a BofM! Thanks Heavenly Father! 

Then throughout the week we found out it was actually pretty easy to give people free books haha. By Saturday we'd given 6, one a day. But we were out of the ville for most of the day and we needed to plan, so we only had a little time. So, like the good missionaries we are, we prayed and did our best to follow the spirit and talk to everyone. Which meant we ended up walking up and down the same rue like three times and then wandering down a random path where there's never anyone. EXCEPT THAT DAY. The first people we saw were a couple and I hate contacting couples but I did it and they took the book! Victory! We said a big fat gratitude prayer and then did our weekly planning.
The spirit guys. It's real. 


And now a quote. That I found in a Liahona I was reading. Cracked me up. It's Boyd K. Packer I believe. 

"If the question is asked, 'You mean you are out to convert the entire world?’ the answer is, ‘Yes. We will try to reach every living soul.’ Some who measure that challenge quickly say, ‘Why, that’s impossible! It cannot be done!’ To that we simply say, ‘Perhaps, but we shall do it anyway.’"

Some words of wisdom for you. Have a great week! 

Soeur Hansen

PS the members here are awesome, we were supposed to have a raclette fete on Tuesday which got cancelled so our dmp and a ward missionary couple had us over for raclette anyway. They're the best. 






1 comment: