Monday, December 29, 2014

Week 19 - Joyeux Noël!


Famillyyyyyyyyyy:

Hey you beautiful people that i'm related to! 


The sun is shining through the window into this internet cafe and Rasheed the internet cafe man is bustling around and the sound of clacking keyboards reminds me that P-day has once again come around. And we're going to a chateau today! Chenonceau! 

It was so good to see your faces on Thursday and SO cool to get to see Reese for a little bit too.

This week I don't have a whole bunch to report, other than by the end of my time in Tours I will probably have this city and all the bus lines memorized. Our focus recently has been to track down members from the ward directory that we have never heard of/no one in the branch knows, which has been like a giant scavenger hunt and I love it. We have yet to actually find any of these people, when we find their address we usually discover that it either doesn't exist or their name is not on the sonnerie [list of names next to the doorbells on the ground floor of apartment buildings]. Can't remember if I already told you guys this or not... sorry if I already did. It's been a really fun/sort of difficult way to figure out map reading/bus line skills. Tours. It's the best. 

Christmas was wonderful! Our mission gets to watch a Disney movie (preferably with the family we are with for Christmas or Christmas Eve, but that didn't exactly pan out) so we watched Frozen! Four times. Well, Soeur Anderson watched it four times, I took a nap through the last one. We got done porting [tracting] on Christmas Eve (we don't go back out after dinner) and we made some dinner (soy chicken and rice, so festive) and watched Frozen. When it was over it was like 7:30 so we watched it again in French. Then we had a little Christmas devotional, sang hymns in English, watched the life of Jesus Christ bible videos from the nativity (we just got them on DVD and they're the best) and read a talk from the Ensign about Christmas. It was great. I wrote in my journal a little and played Nat King Cole in the background - O Holy Night and Silent Night (Il faut) [a must] so beautiful and such a wonderful time of year. 

Christmas day we got to sleep in! Slept until about 9:30 so that was probably the best gift I received, didn't know if I would be able to do that still haha. Then we opened up our presents, made some brioche French toast and watched Frozen again. Took a nap, ate LOTS of candy and junk food (bought myself some Nougat Pillows cereal for Christmas) and then headed to the Djemais and talked to you guys! After the call I went downstairs and we talked and ate French Christmasy stuff - foie gras! [goose liver]. Elder Oviatt and I gave the spiritual thought, which was a very unique experience to say the least. The train we took to Amboise (where the Djemais live) was a Harry Potter train- with the compartments, so cool! Christmas was wonderful, in summary. 

Pretty much other than that we've been just porting up a storm trying to bring Christmas cheer to Tours. Old men love us- we keep finding new amis for the elders which they're thrilled about as you can imagine.... Missionary work is so weird. But it's the best. 

Hope you all have a great week and remember that I love you so stinkin' much.

Soeur Hansen

PS I'll send Christmas photos next week after I get them from the Djemais' camera.

[Here is a picture of the Chateau de Chenonceau where Maren will be going today]


No comments:

Post a Comment