Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 36 - First week in a trio


"On a mission for the Lord"
Hey fam!

Hope you're all just doing so great on this May 4th. Que le quatre mai soit avec vous.  [May the fourth be with you] (I think I'm funny. Sorry you guys I'm realizing I've been a missionary for too long)

Alors. This week. 

Monday- mission conference. AWESOME
Tuesday- P day. you know already. Sr Stevens and I had a picnic in the middle of nowhere because we took the wrong bus after we bought groceries. 

WEDNESDAY. Ugh. Transfers. Such a sad day. And an amazing day. And just everything in between. Got up at 6:30, Sr Back tells me the bus to get to the gare is at 6:55... AHH. So we all threw clothes on and ran around like crazy people trying to get them out the door on time. Got to the gare, all is good. Got them on the train, a little heartbreaking watching that door close. Get on the bus to head home, because our apartment was a DISASTER after the crazy couple days we had. 

Said goodbye to Soeur Back
No keys. 

Yeah...

Sr Back accidentally took our set on the train with her and we'd left the other set inside the apartment. (Trust me, not my idea)

So thankfully everyone getting transfered goes through Paris so it was easy enough to get the keys to Sr Walton and we got in okay that afternoon. BUT we were locked out for like 7 hours waiting, with nothing. I had my bag and like 4 contacting cards and Sr Stevens had her bus pass. So we walked to the elders' apartment and stole their church key so we could go have a base camp and then we just slowly went crazy. Took a bus to the terminus to do some exploring (Sr Stevens refused to contact looking how she did (it was fine but whatever haha)) 

Felt SO bad taking Sr Walton home to that for her first day in Rennes. 
An old picture with Sr Walton - her friend from the MTC and new companion 
Thursday we did missionary work. I think we had rendez-vous. I honestly don't remember other than that it rained.
 
Friday. Still raining. Thousand-hour long weekly planning (condensing two equipes means we have a TON of random amies to plan for).

Saturday STILL raining. Other rendez vous and pass bys. Tried to do some stuff. RAIN

Sr Walton crossed the street without us.
Thought it was funny.
Sunday blessed break from the rain, and we went contacting with Leena! She and Sr Stevens went together and Sr Walton and I. It was SO nice to be just in two. I love these soeurs but it's a lot of mental work to be in a trio and just be aware of two other people. So it was a little bit of a relief to be two by two for a second. Leena was a total pro apparently too so that was cool.

And today we went shopping because its raining AGAIN. And also I hate all the clothes I own. So thats fun! Haha 
it's May and I'm wearing tights. So not down. But it's okay, we had like 3 weeks of beautiful weather in April so it was bound to come around again. Hopefully it won't last too long though! 

But anyway! i'm excited to see your beautiful faces next week and I love you all so dearly!

Have a great week

soeur hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment