Monday, June 8, 2015

Week 41 - And then there were two


HEY TEAM!

Well the tiny gang that I go everywhere with is being disbanded as of Wednesday morning. Going back to just being a duo. Its going to be so weird to be a normal companionship! But I'm really really really excited. 

Learned lots of things from this trio so I thought I'd bestow some of my pearls. They're pretty much just Sr Hansen pearls so take them as you will. 

1. Bottling it up actually solves problems sometimes.
I know psychologists will probably hate me for that one but hey this is my list of pearls so psychologists you can just get lost. I was talking to Pres in my interview a couple weeks ago about how with the trio, if you have some kind of emotional issue you want to talk to someone about its almost impossible in the trio because its so dang awkward to spill your feelings to two people. So you just don't. And then you get over it. So not bottling up so much as picking your battles. PICK YOUR BATTLES. 

2. Being sassy rarely solves problems. 
It feels good though. But don't do it. Because then everyone is just annoyed. Sometimes you have to remember that you want to be friends with these people after you're out of this high stress situation called a mission. And then you'll be grateful for every day that you were friends ON the mission and not too busy sassing each other off about things that don't actually matter. 

3. Sometimes you just need to buy ice cream
it solves SO many problems. yeah. 

4. A clean apartment is a happy apartment. 
Yeah. it turns out John Bytheway was on to something. And my Mom. And those annoying office elders that always do formations on cleaning the apartment. Coming home to a nasty apartment after spending the entire day, every day, with the same two people that you also live with is enough to make anyone (and frequently does make ME) grouchy. So yeah. clean apartment=heaven on earth. But I hate cleaning so that's a pearl I'm still working on. 

These are my pearls so far. Hope you've enjoyed them. 

This week though- not a whole lot to report. Did lots of missionary work. Sr Stevens is going to Orleans to be with her MTC comp and she's SO excited. And we're excited for her but its going to be weird, I've lived with that little goof for four and a half months. and I'm going to miss her like crazy.  

LOVE you fam! have a great week!

Soeur Hansen

"Sr Stevens has an American flag she didn't tell us
 about until she was packing. We sang patriotic anthems this morning." 

No comments:

Post a Comment