Monday, June 29, 2015

Week 44 - Climbing Trees

Helllooo family!

So. yeah. this week. it was good. and it's starting to get hot so that's fun! and also makes me lament air conditioning (especially in buses) France. its not that hard. 

But anyway! 

Tuesday we had our exchanges and it was really great- did a nice three hour block of contacting which I hadn't done in a LONG time so it was nice to know that I still have that in me! We talked to some really cool people, so it was a good night! 

other than that we just kind of ran around Rennes having a blast being missionaries. 

In honor of Erik's tree climbing story I guess I need to partage one of my own haha made me laugh when I read his. 

SO picture this.

Saturday night. We had frudge city that day (our three rendez vous fell through- which ended up happening to every equipe in Rennes actually, we were 0/9 on Saturday) so we were walking up to a pass-by doing some contacting and I was all bugged because it seems like whenever I pick where we go contacting there are NO people. So we ended up in this park, which I wanted to go into, and it was naturally, DESERTED. So we sit on this bench for a second because it was hot and we'd been walking for like an hour and I notice this beautiful tree with low hanging branches. 

So I climb it. 

With Sr Walton's encouragement. "you need to climb this tree to get out your frustrations at this day" 

It was a good decision.


I've developed this new need to run around on rocks and climb trees. (very safely, of course) We're calling it my midlife mission crisis. I'm also blaming it on the fact that I'm going stir crazy in this ville. Don't worry. I was only like 5 feet off the ground. [looks like more than five feet to me]


Anyway. lesson learned this week- sometimes you just need to do something a little different to keep yourself from going insane. 

love you all so so much! you're the best. 

soeur hansen



"Jacques Cartier Metro steps"

"Look Kip"

Soeur Walton and Pablo Casals

No comments:

Post a Comment