Monday, July 27, 2015

Week 48 - First Week in Liège




With Soeur Archbold at Château Vêves
FAMILY

Hey team! I made it to Belgium! It’s a crazy place! and Liege! I don’t really know how to describe it. It feels very different than France but I’m not sure exactly why or in what ways. So yeah this is a super interesting and helpful email so far. 

But I love Liège, the branch here is super cute and we have PEWS in the chapel!! In the other two villes I’ve been in there have just been chairs because the chapel is also the cultural hall so yeah! PEWS!!! So stoked! 


Liège chapel

I’m back living in a four-person apartment which is really fun and I’m living with Soeur Sabando who replaced me in Tours and was trained by Soeur Anderson! So it’s been really fun to hear a little about my beloved bleuville. 


"The view from our apartment"
But anyway, this week! 

Monday we went on a tour of Rennes with our awesome DMP, Frère Moal. I think I told you guys a little about it. So fun. I love those elders and Rennes so it was fun to just be all together with everybody before transfers! We had a really great couple of transfers together. 

Tuesday we got a bunch of passes from one of the equipes of elders that closed. (we have no missionaries in this mission any more!!) 

Wednesday was transfers which basically meant 12 hours of traveling. Two and a half hour train to Paris. We had to leave early because we needed to get Sr Walton to the training meeting so we got to Paris around 9 and my train to Bruxelles wasn’t until 2:30! So basically I just hung out in Chatelet (it’s our meeting place for transfers, it’s a metro station) and saw everyone I know in the mission which was really really fun. Then we got up to Brussels, and had to take another hour long train to get to Liège! 

So far since then we’ve been keeping busy running around, I’ve met a couple of our amis but I’ve still got a long way to go. They’re pretty cool! 


"super Liègeois apartment complex where a bunch of people we teach live..."
Today we were out with the Redds- the senior couple in Liège. They took us to a castle called Vêves, out south of Namur (they can take us out of our sector on pdays). It’s a really cool little medieval castle, super fun. Not really anything like my Loire Chateaux but it was still really cool- and it was somewhere the Redds hadn’t been so that was fun. After we went through Namur to get some lunch- really cute city. Lots of brick. Thats kind of Belgium’s thing I think, brick. and in Liege it’s dirty brick haha. 

Anyway, pretty good week, got some frites, got a gauffre so I’m pretty happy! 

Love you guys! 

soeur hansen



"Last photo from Rennes - this is the Portes Mordelaises, one of the original gates into the city- when you enter you had to promise to uphold and defend and protect it or something, pretty cool"







No comments:

Post a Comment