Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 49 - Loving Belgium and the Belgians

FAM!

Hey everybody that I love because you are awesome humans! I hope you've all had a really great week!!

We had a really great week this week- not sure exactly how to summarize it into something interesting for you all who are not missionaries but for those RMs out there- we did pass-bys and EVERYONE was home! so yeah. It was sweet. Felt so efficace. 

There were lots of really frustrating things that happened this week- RDVs falling through when we had members set up to come and amis not showing up to church, the norm persecution and such but it was really cool to see how much I have changed through the last couple months, because a lot of those things would have really just wrecked me, but now I feel like I'm actually able to handle it with a lot less rage crying haha, woot personal growth! But really, I think God periodically tests us to see if we will use what we've learned from previous trials and choose to react in a better way, the way we learned is better from going through that same situation before. (I don't know if that sentence made any sense but I don't know how else to explain it... sorry it's really hot here) 

Anyway, just something I was thinking about a little. 

Fam, I'm sorry I don't have more to report. Or even that many pictures this week- Liège isn't exactly the most beautiful place I've ever been haha. But it's lots of fun. 

It's really interesting to see the differences between the French and the Belgians, I'm not sure I've found all the little quirky differences yet but I've definitely noticed that the Belgians are much warmer- the French can be warm and open but it's more rare and it usually takes more time for them to open up to you. The Belgians also are much more likely to be overweight haha like I think I saw maybe like 10 obese people in France, they're ALL over in Liege. They just really like frites and gauffres. But over all I really am loving Belgium and the Belgians. It's lots of fun.

I think that's about all I've got for ya! 

You rule!!

Soeur Hansen

-- getting my ipad at zone conf in a couple weeks! stoked! everybody pray that they don't get stolen or broken or recalled or something! 

No comments:

Post a Comment