Monday, August 24, 2015

Week 52 - One Year!


Place du Vingt Août in Liège
[Vingt Août means August 20, the day Maren went into the MTC]
FAM! 

It's been a really good week- kind of like a normal week but lots of good stuff. So I'm going to pull the REALLY exciting day by day format and hope that I don't forget anything.

MONDAY
Came to the church to email. One of the elder's amis came up on the same bus with us, he was coming to the FHE we have monday nights. But got here at 3:30. FHE starts at 6:30. So he just hung out. And then had to leave early from FHE. And he was the only person that ended up coming (all the members were sick or out of town) SO awkward. But one of those experiences you can only have as a missionary. 

TUESDAY
Honestly can't really remember. We did some porting for like 45 minutes, it was really hard. I haven't ported in months because it's pretty much the worst. It's not like worse here than other places, porting just makes my soul cry. and on that note....

WEDNESDAY
Zone Conf. In Strombeek- (Bruxelles) The chapel is technically in the Belgium Netherlands mission so that's pretty funny. The entire zone and mission president left the mission for several hours. haha
It was a good conference, had interviews this transfer which are always really great. We were also supposed to get iPads (me and the couple other people who are still waiting) but they got stolen out of President's car on Tuesday night. 
I wish I was kidding when I say I was not expecting to actually get my iPad. Like I was hoping but I felt like it was a long shot haha. But they have enough to replace them so hopefully it will make it my way at some point. 

Zone Conference
Strombeek Chapel where we had zone conference
THURSDAY
??  I think we hung out with our super cool recent converts
FRIDAY
I don't remember

SATURDAY
We went out to visit a lady in another city in our sector who someone asked us to go see- she was so sweet. And had a sweet house. And she wasn't so sure about us at first (didn't even offer us anything to drink which is like a big deal) but we sang for her and then right after she was like "oh, voulez-vous boire quelque chose?" [would you like something to drink?] and we were like "ah yeah. the spirit" Finished off the day with some weekly planning. 

SUNDAY
Church, I taught the lesson in Relief Society which was a little stressful, it went okay, Sr Archbold was with the JAs, [Young Adults] (they do a JA relief society once a month) and it was a really small group so it went a little short but it went okay. It was really weird to teach without a companion though!! 

Then we went and passed by "L" because we hadn't seen her in a while. She wasn't there for our rdv and a couple other reasons so it was complicated but she's doing really good! Thanks for all the prayers!

Love you guys a lot, you're the best!!

Soeur Hansen

[On Maren's mission Facebook page, they posted a link to a YouTube video - two sister missionaries in the France Lyon mission, singing "I Love to See the Temple" in French. It's really beautiful - so great to see the excitement of the members and missionaries in France as they look forward to the Paris temple next year. Click here for the link]

No comments:

Post a Comment