Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 58 - Somehow it all works out

"Portland Temple!!"
Hello fam!

How was your week? Mine was pretty good. So I'm sending you an email to tell you all about it. Well like actually I'm going to tell you about like 5% of it but that's about all I can handle typing up and trying to organize as coherent and hopefully uplifting insights from a missionary.

Monday we went to Brussels with the Redds :) then the single adults soirée familiale at the church. Good stuff.

Tuesday we had district meeting and then did mini exchanges! I spent the day with Soeur Facer and Soeur Archbold went with Souer Sabando. It was super fun, went out in Liège 2's sector and found some less actives. Always fun to change it up a little!

Wednesday we called everyone on the ward repertoire to invite them to the open house that's on Saturday to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the chapel here. Woot. I love the phone. Especially when we call old people that don't understand our accents- "je ne comprends pas" - ["I don't understand'] worst phrase ever to hear on the phone.

Thursday weeee did some missionary work. Went up to the church for something and when we got there the elders were talking to a little Korean lady outside- turns out she had just stopped her car to come ask them questions about the church! So they passed her to us right away and we set up a time for her to come have a tour! She was so cute.

Friday we went out to this super cute family's house- they got baptized a couple weeks ago after being Amis for a super long time (they had to get married). They are so cool. Like ahh. The mom found the church online because she watched one of the broadcasts that they show that say that Mormons are Amish polygamists and she was like "no, I need to know who they really are." So she started researching and watched the retab movie and chatted with missionaries on Mormon.org. She ordered a Book of Mormon and started reading and she was just like, "my whole life just started to change" SO COOL. Their family is so great and we LOVED being with them, geeking out about conference and how great the gospel is.

Saturday was repertoire day! My new companions name is Soeur Nelson, she's in her 11th transfer (I'm in my 10th). She's super cute and tiny and was comps with Soeur Back a while ago so that's super fun! So this transfer our apartment is two 11s, a 10 and a bleue. So funny. So old.

Fam this week to be honest was a little bit of a doozy, I love missionary work and I love being here but some weeks we just really get reminded that we don't control anything, and we have to just roll with it. Plans fall through and change, people are late, you miss buses, everyone is somehow only free during a single half hour window on one day, but somehow it all works out and even the worst days can end with miracles.

Look for the miracles, laugh, have fun, and if all else fails watch The Testaments (or at least like the last 10 minutes). Or Legacy. There's always Legacy.

I love you guys! Have a great week!


Soeur Hansen



"Saying goodbye to Soeur Archbold"
"My 9th transfer, and I have an Elder growing out of the top of my head."
"Running the Liège stairs!"
"Beignets!"

No comments:

Post a Comment