Monday, February 2, 2015

Week 24 - Sisters Conference and First Transfer

On the River Seine before Sisters Conference in Paris
FAM!!

Well, I'm leaving my bleuville. Going to Rennes! From what I've heard it's beautiful, cold, rains a lot and there's a metro. The ward is giant and I'll be in a four-sister apartment so that's fun! 

My new companion's name is Soeur Back, from Salt Lake City. She's a transfer behind me, and just got done being trained by a fantastic missionary so I'm really excited but kind of freaking out. 

It's just been a really surreal last couple of days as it's starting to hit me that I'm leaving Tours, and I probably won't be back here anytime soon! Church was very odd yesterday. Took lots of pictures, apparently this branch really loves me and Elder Oviatt (he's leaving too) and basically just got super nostalgic. 

This week we did lots of missionary work. Here's some highlights.

Wednesday night we had a Soiree Familiale with Soeur Soeur. Yes, her name is "Sister Sister." She is Tahitian and awesome and we love her. We made a giant cookie and put ice cream on top and basically just pigged out. She's about 5 months pregnant so we talked about how important families are and it was wonderful. 


MTC Friends: Sisters Walton and Blackhurst
Friday we had our Sisters Conference! It was AWESOME. Each STL equipe [sister training leader team] did a little lesson about different subjects that had been suggested by the soeurs of the mission- companionship communication, exercise/well being, competition, stress... things like that. Then Soeur Babin told us we're all daughters of God and we have immense worth and President taught us a deep breathing exercise for dealing with stress. We just breathed in and out for like 5 minutes listening to calming ocean sounds. Missionary work is hard guys. I got to see all my soeurs and it was just SO SO good. I loved it. The baptism we were going to go to on Saturday in Versailles got cancelled so we headed back to Tours that night. 

Maren with her three companions so far
Saturday we were helping a family in the branch move and the elders showed up about an hour after we got there (they were at the other apartment) and were like "why haven't you been answering the phone, the assistants are trying to call you" and we were like "yeah whatever." But it turned out we had 5 missed calls from the APs. Whoops. But we called 'em back and Sr. Anderson is going to be training! again! It took me like 5 minutes to realize that if she's training I was leaving so then I started freaking out about where I was going but we couldn't check the transfer list because we were in the middle of helping someone move. Needless to say, longest hour ever. 

Rennes!! [Rennes is a city in northwest France, about 200 miles west of Paris, in Brittany. The population is about 200,000, including over 60,000 students.]

Yesterday and today have been totally crazy, getting the apartment clean, starting to pack, setting up RDVs to go say goodbye to people. It's great.
I've got tons of pictures this week so that should make up for my lightness on details! yay! That's what you guys want anyway!!

Today is the Jour des Crêpes, or Chandeleur - gonna celebrate! [everyone eats crêpes, and the tradition is that you hold a coin in one hand, and the crêpe pan in the other, and if you successfully flip the crêpe, you will prosper in the coming year.] 

LOVE YOU SO SO MUCH 
you are all children of God. 

Soeur Hansen 

The center of Paris, in front of Notre Dame




"My study desk - always tidy :)"
Took a bunch of pictures of the members and missionaries in Tours - will miss them all so much!









No comments:

Post a Comment