Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 25 - First Week in Rennes

New companion - Sister Back

Hey crew-

Sorry. I have zerrooo desire to write about this week. 
But I'm going to because I love you all and Elder Scott told us we have to when I was in the MTC. Obeying the counsel of the apostles. It's a good thing to do. 

Monday and Tuesday were basically just me and Sr Anderson running around trying to get everything done and see everybody that I wanted to see. That meant that we rode the C2- the little electric bus that runs through Tours and is sweet. The picture is of me with PURE joy. 

Wednesday we got up stupid early to head into Paris, and I met up with Sr Stevens to head back out to Rennes. Sr Back (my companion) and Sr Ellis (Sr Stevens' companion) stayed in Rennes and sent their companions into Paris for transfers. Which meant we had a lot of luggage between us. Thankfully there were missionaries and random helpful strangers to get us there. I think we see the most miracles of the entire transfer on transfer day. 

Rennes sister missionaries
Anyway- met Sr Back. She is AWESOME. Seriously, she's a rockstar. She's from Holladay, Utah and is a fantastic missionary. Like I cannot say enough good things. 

That night we did some contacting and went to Soiree Familiale, with like the young adults. There are young adults here. Who like run the show. Like they brought the supplies and did the spiritual thought and like just made it all happen. It was beautiful. Like Tours, you will always be in my heart and I love you. But this is the promised land. 

Thursday-Saturday. Did missionary work. Taught a LOT because Sr Back is a master contactor. Like she is seriously whipping me into shape and it's awesome. We're doing so much finding and it's killing me but we gotta find somebody to teach somebody. It's great. Missionary work rules. 

Sunday was nuts. NUTS. Funny part- we got to the chapel and Sr Stevens goes "guys, I forgot my plaques!" hahahaha so we made her a ghetto nametag with one of mine. Then the ward started showing up. The WARD. It was like maybe 80-100 people but I was SO overwhelmed. I'm pretty sure my last Sunday in Tours there were like maybe 30 people there. What is this? A ward!

Today- went grocery shopping and were back in the apartment in like less than an hour. Miracles. I love Rennes. I love living in a four man apartment. These sisters are so fun. Sr Stevens is from Salem too which is super cool! Sr Ellis is from Boise. They're the best. Sr Stevens and I were talking the other day about how there's no way we're all staying together for two transfers, it's just too good.

Then I took Sr Back to go find Lush [French cosmetics store] because she'd never been. We geeked out for a while. This lady, who is from California, told us all about these sweet shampoo bars (like soap bars but of shampoo, sweet I know) and then the other soeurs showed up and geeked out with us and we are going to have a really nice smelling bathroom after this. Lush is magical. 

And now we're here. In the internet cafe. It's been CRAZY. Crazy intense and I cannot believe I was in Tours last Monday. That feels like another life. 

Rennes! It's great!

LOVE YOU ALL! 

Soeur Hansen 

PS - More pictures from Tours, before I left:


"It snowed in Tours!"
Soeur Soeur, from Tahiti
"This terrible ad in Tours that I thought was funny."
French National Team sweatshirts, thanks to Nike France!


     

No comments:

Post a Comment