Monday, February 23, 2015

Week 26 - Spreading joy and being happy


 Hey fam!

So I had to have Caro again. But I can tell that story later. 

Monday, had a referral from the elders so we headed out into this little town outside of Rennes. We didn't have a map so we had to rely on a big sign in the centreville (which was the hotel de ville, a poste and a boulangerie). It was dark and raining and cold and she wasn't there when we got there but it was a super fun night just being a missionary and trying to do our best to spread joy. 

Tuesday we had district meeting and pretty much just talked about how to be happy. That's President's first goal for us, to be happy and to have a strong relationship with our Heavenly Father. I love Pres. Babin. Goal three is double the baptisms. But like that's okay, we'll get there.

Wed/Thurs we did missionary work. It was magical. Fun fact- no one can understand my French. I guess I should do language study once in a blue moon. 

Friday the elders wanted to teach with us to pass an amie at a member's home. It was a little complicated because the member didn't acutally know her street address so we just got lost and it was raining and it was just complicated but we all ended up there. So then after the SUPER long lesson Elder Gee's bleu gets up to leave and I was like "we're not done" as the member brings in a couple cakes for us and some herbal tea, oh how fondly I remember being bleu and thinking that when a lesson was over you actually got to leave ha ha those were the days. We had a tea party everyone. Best part- Elder Gee picked some tea and his bleu naturally picked the same and then the member and amie were like "no no not that one! it makes you have to go to the bathroom really quick!" so Sr Back and I start busting up but Elder Kelley (the bleu, who didn't understand what she said) just looks at us until I can finally tell him that they'd picked laxative tea. HAHAHAAH literally was laughing about that for the rest of the week. 

And that brings me to the Caro story- Elder Kelley wanted to try Caro (I don't know why, I told him it was nasty) but accidently poured a TON in his cup so he grabbed mine and dumped half of it in, all while the member wasn't really paying attention so when she came around with the hot water she assumed I wanted some... thanks Elder Kelley. It wasn't as bad this time- becuase we had honey and milk instead of just water. But I still don't understand why anyone drinks it. Hot chocolate it where it's at everybody. 

Sunday we did a bunch of pass-bys of less actives and we found this lady we'd tried to find earlier in the week but she wasn't there. We knocked on the door we thought it was and the woman said she had a neighbor by that name but didn't know her last name anyway long story short we decided to try the other doors and just see if we could find her. And we did! But she just said "ca m'interest plus!" [that doesn't interest me anymore] and tried to get us to go away but she just seemed really sad so we offered to just pray with her and she accepted. She's had a really hard life and a lot of trials but it was really great to be with her and just for a minute try and help her see that there is light and hope in the world. I just remembered a letter Erik wrote to me, that we are here to listen and love people and help them. We want to teach them the gospel but the most important thing is just that they feel God's love for them. 

I love you guys so so much, thanks for the support, couldn't do it without you guys!! You rule. 

You're good you're great you're wonderful.

sir hansen

In Fougères
"We had poutine today - (not the swear word in French, the Canadian thing with fries and cheese and gravy)"
"I seriously see Jeanne everywhere"

No comments:

Post a Comment