Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 27 - A sacred moment

Hey team! 

So I've not got a ton of time because we're going to head out to Fougères today (there's not a lot of cool stuff, just like a castle or something, but we need to get out of Rennes) I'm so spoiled. This week was really good- started off with Zone Conference and we all got pumped up. Got to sing the mission song, heard some dying testimonies (favorite line "missions hard and then you go home".... thanks elder) and had interviews. President is really great. I love the Babins. 

We didn't do a lot of interesting stuff this week, just same ol' awesome missionary work, but I really have been trying, after my interview, and talking to my dear Hermana Knowlton, to try and focus more on relying on the Lord. Because on my own, to quote my favorite Argentine, I would be dead on the side of the road. It really made a difference. We don't have to be perfect or perfectly obedient to ask for help, we don't have to do everything we can and then hope that the Spirit will do the rest of the work, we can go into things knowing that we're going to fall short and let that acceptance drive us to rely on the Spirit and not on ourselves. I'm still learning and I'm going to learn that for the rest of my mission/life (because there is actually life after this apparently...?) and that's great. 

Amazing miracle from last night, we had a rendez-vous that wasn't there which we were bummed about, and I felt really bad about because we'd had to reschedule because my interview with President went long but we left to go do another pass-by who wasn't there and we were in a slightly sketchy part of town at like 8:15, and it would take like maybe 20 minutes to get home so we were walking (to get out of the sketchy area) and were contacting but I felt like we really needed to get out of there so we went a different route, and contacted this lady that was walking the same way as us (which I hate because its usually so awkward but I did it anyway). We could tell she was pretty upset about something though, so I did my normal contact about how we have a message of joy to share that we've found through Jesus Christ (on est là de partager un message de joie que nous avons trouvé grace à Jesus Christ) don't know if that's good French but it's what half of Rennes has heard by now so hopefully it's OK. And she just broke down a little, she told us that she'd been walking for hours and was just so confused and had been praying and asking God if He was there. It was so incredible for Sr Back and me to get to testify to her that God was there, that He loved her, that He'd sent us to her, that she would get through this. We prayed with her and talked to her a little and cried with her and hugged her and it was beautiful. Seriously we walked away so so grateful that we got to be instruments in God's hands and be there for His daughter in her moment of need. That was a sacred moment for us.

That's my week, I love you guys you're the best!!

Soeur Hansen

PS - sorry no pictures this week - "I'll try to be better"

No comments:

Post a Comment