Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 29 - Mont St. Michel and a Baptism

FAMILY

Hey hey hey guess who's writing their favorite email ever right now!? Oh, me! Score! 

This week was another up and down and all around and it was great. Missionary work -- it's rarely boring. Unless you're doing weekly planning. Then you've got to plan snacks, breaks or have a weekly planning survival kit. (fun fact - I found a drawer in our apartment labeled "weekly planning survival kit" this week, it has two recorders in it and some stickers so this Friday is going to be FUN) 

Basically can't believe that it's week one of transfer 5 for me! The goal setting was intense this morning. 

This week started off awesome, we went up to Mont St Michel for Pday! Which meant we didn't have time to grocery shop so yeah LU cookies and my last kit kat from Christmas may or may not have been breakfast this week haha. Sorry mom don't read this. Mont St Michel was so cool! We took a JA [young adult] with us, Shannon who is getting ready for her mission next year and is awesome. 


Mont St Michel is super cool, the first part when you get in is just tourist shops and those french sandwich/panini/crepe places that all sell the SAME stuff and then you hit the Abbey, which is super cool. We weren't sure if we were going to go in because that's the part you have to pay for but Sr Back and Sr Ellis wanted to because they didn't go in the last time, so we all were just going to go. THEN when we were waiting in line we realized that you can get in free if you're between 18-25 and are either a European citizen or a legal resident so we were all bummed that we didn't have our passports. BUT the guy at the ticket window saw Sr Ellis's badge and asked if we lived here and then accepted her proselyting card as paper evidence! For all of us! It was SWEET. Totally worth every penny haha. Thanks missionary badge! Yeah, so Mont St Michel. It's the best. But pictures are just better than anything I can say about it. 





[Click Here for a link to info on Mont Saint-Michel]

Tuesday had our last district meeting of the transfer. Got to hold up a 4 for transfer pictures. WHAT? 


Wednesday we had PPP again [see last week's blog], and since our amie didn't show up Sr Back and I designated ourselves in charge of the pancakes. CHAOS. Utter chaos. In case anyone is wondering my domestic skills have not improved on my mission. But it turned out okay- Elder Gee only had to rescue us a little and they turned out like actual pancakes instead of a weird mix between pancakes and crepes. Slightly salty pancakes but we just put speculoos and nutella on them so no one could even tell. 

Thursday our STLs came, Sr Barton was getting transferred (she'd been in her ville for 4 transfers so we already knew) and she's been my STL my whole mission so they came up for an afternoon to do a mini-exchange. It was really awesome to get to see her and get some advice and just talk to an old missionary that just gets it. That night we went and did a pass back of this lady we'd ported the other day, she wasn't really interested in listening to us but said we could pray with her and then we just talked about her life. People are cool everyone. Everybody has a story to tell. Wow I'm so lame. But seriously you can't judge a book by its cover, even if it's a super French cover. 

Friday we got to see a less active we've been trying to see for a couple weeks, she's Peruvian and super super cool. 

Saturday was repertoire day! [the day the transfers are announced] It was crazy. They totally rearranged a bunch of zones, tons of people got changed even though they're in the middle of training or other weird stuff. Never know whats going to happen. Then that night was Celine's baptism! I dont know if I've talked about Celine but she's this super legit amie that the other soeur equipe has been working with for a couple months. She's incredible. I met her at PPP my first night and had no idea she was an amie and not a member. It was a really special night, she bore the most beautiful testimony and was just so happy. 


Sunday we were all just exhausted. So many emotions from the new repertoire, the baptism, church, everything -- we were all just out. In a four man sometimes its like we're just one big equipe, which is great when we're all doing well and working hard but really really rough when someone's having a bad day. But I absolutely love these soeurs and I'm so excited to be with them again for another six weeks.

Things are good in Rennes. Sr Back and I are in that slow morph into becoming a single person and I am so happy I get to work with her for another transfer. I've been looking back a little (because I'm getting so old and nostalgic) but it's really funny to see the little things that I've picked up from companions- like I contact like Sr Back and am picking up all her mannerisms, I port using the same line as Sr Hopkins and I say "man" and "dude" all the time like Sr Anderson.

Love you all so stinkin' much you're the best. 

Soeur Hansen






No comments:

Post a Comment