Monday, March 23, 2015

Week 30 - God can draw a straight line even with a crooked stick

Family! Hey everybody! 

So this week. this week. this week... 

This morning Sr Back and I were trying to remember what we did on Saturday night and couldn't. So we'll see how this email goes. 

This week, week one of the new transfer. Super good. Super long. But super good. 

Monday, had a soiree familial with our DMP's family, they're great. Lots of fun. Had my first croque monsieur! Tuesday we did lots of pass-bys and tons of contacting. We're becoming parc people. (yes I spelled parc in French - sue me.)

Wednesday more pass-bys, saw an amie we hadn't seen for a while so that was sweet, saw a less active we've been trying to see since I got here! She let us in even! And started telling us all about her genealogy- saw lots of pictures of her second cousins and their children, doesn't get much better than that. 

Thursday we decided to pass by that lady we met a couple weeks ago that we'd met right after she'd been praying to know if God was there. We'd set a RDV for that week but when we were on our way she told us not to come. That was a really rough day. BUT we called her when we were outside her building (tried to guess what her last name was but no one was answering) and she answered and sounded super happy to hear from us (which was a change from the other calls) and said we could come back later. It was SUCH a good RDV. The Spirit was so strong, she is awesome. Currently trying to track down a Romanian Book of Mormon for her- not an easy task we're learning. Her name is Ella- if you'd keep her in your prayers that would be lovely. (that was for you dad) 

Friday we did some planning and some other stuff. Went to my first ward council (been avoiding it for the entire time I've been in Rennes).

Saturday we finished planning and contacting and we did something that night but can't remember (which is just sad. l'm sorry).

This week my motto (and what I've decided is the motto of my mission) is something one of the MTC teachers said during a zone training (you can all roll your eyes now)
"God can draw a straight line even with a crooked stick"
Yep. I'm a pretty crooked stick but I know when I'm doing my best to have the Spirit and be obedient and do what I'm supposed to do that miracles happen because we're being instruments. 

That's my upilfting thought for this week- love you all SO much. You're the best.

Soeur Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment