Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Week 54 - Finally feeling better

Couscous family!
I wrote coucou and it corrected to couscous and I though it was funny. Couscous!! Hope you've all had a good week!


Mine was pretty good except that you know how I said I was feeling a lot better last Monday....? I actually got worse this week haha. I'm ACTUALLY feeling better now but this week was super rough. 


We were able to do work Monday night and I was fine until district meeting on Tuesday when I starting having this super horrible headache but it wasn't a migraine like I'm used to it was through my sinuses and I was just super stuffed up and coughing like nobody's business. I took it super easy this week and felt really lazy but we went to the doctor on Friday and that confirmed that I had a sinus infection and it had gotten into my lungs a little bit. The doctor gave me a prescription for some stuff to clear it all up and some antibiotics for the infection so I'm finally feeling better! But yeah this week was rough especially for my comp haha she's a champ but I don't think she has anything left in the apartment to clean or organize.

We went out and worked on Wednesday and then Thursday I woke up and tried to get going but then it hit me really hard and I was like "nope" so we went and got some meds from the Redds and called the mission nurse and then somehow we ended up staying there for like most of the day haha I took a really nice nap. If anyone's sick, I highly recommend the Redds apartment.


Friday we did a little work and I went to the doctors that evening. I think I was in his office for like maybe 10 minutes- he looked at my throat, felt my sinuses and lymph nodes, checked my lungs and then wrote me some prescriptions. (In Belgium you need a prescription for most of the stuff you could get over the counter in the states). It was very extensive.

But we did do some actual work this week- mostly with less actives and recent converts, that's a lot of the work we do up here. It's really interesting and kind of sad to see the contrast between the fire that recent converts have and the complacency of less actives. Just got to help them get that fire back.


Yesterday was Soeur Archbold's birthday so we decorated her desk and made crepes and watched the Emma Smith movie. It was a good time. Except that we ran out of milk and had to use some chocolate milk in the crepes. They were interesting.


So yeah that was my week. I love you guys a lot and I'm sorry this whole email is about me being sick. I'll try to come up with some good stories for next week.


I bought African fabric!


I love you guys!!!!


Soeur Hansen




No comments:

Post a Comment