Monday, September 21, 2015

Week 55 - Be like Abinadi

Elder Libby from the MTC and Elder Orton who's
in my district
Hello family!

I seriously feel like I JUST wrote this email, so I don't really know what to tell you about. Liège is good, the food is delicious and fatty (I don't think I've yet heard of anyone NOT owning a deep fryer), the weather is cold and the people are warm. Or maybe I can just actually communicate with them now so we can be friends haha. But they are pretty proud of their reputation as being warmer than the French.

But yeah. Good week.

Zone conference on Tuesday in Brussels which was really good! Lots of really good formations that were focused more on the basics of missionary work - faith, charity, repentance, having the spirit. It was really a nice change, the last couple conferences have been very technical- focused on how to be better teachers, which is important too, but it was a little less enriching. But yeah really good. Learned a lot.



With Soeur Rasband on exchanges
After zone conf the STLs came back to liege with us for our exchanges- I was with Soeur Rasband. She's awesome. I love her so much. She's just chill and kind, makes you feel good.  Took them to the soirée familiale at the Redds (every Tuesday for the Jeunes [young adults]). Soeur Proudfoot is the other STL and she started her mission in Liège so she was stoked to be back here for the day.


Wednesday. We did some contacting in the rain - always a party. Good ol' fashioned missionary work.


Thursday. I don't really remember. I'd have to go look at my planner and that sounds like way too much effort.


Friday. Meme chose. [same thing] Missionary work.

Saturday. Did some planning like obedient missionaries. Did some work- miracle! We met this woman a couple weeks ago that was super cool but the night our rdv was supposed to be was when I was super sick so we ended up going early and she wasn't there  so we figured that the fact that she wasn't there or answering her phone were not good signs. BUT she was super cool and seemed really genuinely happy to have met us so we were like "we're not giving up on this girl!" Well. Woman. So we go to pass by her, no one answers the sonnerie. But someone else answered and let us in so we just start porting- and we found her!! Her phone got lost or broken or something so she'd lost our number and hers was different. But we found her! and she came to church with us this morning!!! It was awesome!!

Sunday. Church with our new bud. they rearranged the branch presidency and my favorite person- Guy Andre is the second counselor now! He's from Congo and has been a member for like 5 years and he LOVES us, Soeurs in general, he thinks we're like angels straight from heaven. He's the best. AND I ran into one of my other favorite people- Frère Djemai! From Tours!! He works for the church so he was up here for this meeting with the local bishops and the stake president talking about self sufficiency! He's the best also!

You know who else is the best? Abinadi. He's a boss. I'm in Mosiah right now and I love it. It's so rich with Abinadi spiritually slapping everyone with his testimony of the Messiah. I love it. New life goal. Be like Abinadi.

Well I think that's about all I've got for you guys this week but I 
love you a lot! Hope you know it!

Soeur Hansen 🇧🇪🇧🇪🇧🇪 🍟 (we get emoji on the iPads, so stoked)



"Liège is Gotham"

No comments:

Post a Comment